Purpose: To recognize an individual, organization, or corporation who has contributed in an extraordinary manner to the support of music education in New York State
- An individual, a business or corporation that is not a New York State music educator.
- One who has demonstrated a concern for music education by exceptional service to NYSSMA as well as other local, district, state, regional or national professional organizations.
Method of Nomination
Any member of NYSSMA may nominate a person(s) deemed worthy of this special recognition.
- Complete the form below.
- Upload your letter of recommendation
- Upload two additional letters of recommendation, one preferably from an administrator and the other from a music teacher.
Number of Awards to Be Presented Annually
No more than two (2) Distinguished Service Awards will be given in one year.
Method of Selection
- The NYSSMA Awards and Recognition Committee will review each nomination.
- If not selected, individuals submitting nominations may petition the committee to reconsider the application the following year.
- The committee reserves the right to not recommend any award recipient when appropriate.
The Awards and Recognition Committee will recommend the recipient to the NYSSMA President who will notify the recipient. The award may be presented during the annual NYSSMA Winter Conference.