For schools within the Buffalo, New York City, Rochester, Syracuse and Yonkers City School Districts
- The NYSSMA Outstanding School Award is presented to schools that act as model school music education programs in the five large city school districts in New York State.
- The school should provide a well-rounded music program.
- Schools/districts must be NYSSMA members.
- The completed application should provide a profile of your school's music program and include commentary on factors especially important to your school.
- The quality of the submitted written material will have considerable influence on how the Awards & Recognition Committee evaluates the application.
- Complete descriptions of your school policies, programs and practices are essential elements of a successful application.
- Failure to directly and adequately address each and every question may result in an unfavorable review, even though the school's music program may be quite excellent.
- All questions in the application must be answered. Please do not respond with "See Supporting Materials."
The Awards and Recognition Committee will recommend the recipient to the NYSSMA President who will notify the recipient. No more than two (2) Outstanding School Awards will be given each year. The award may be presented at a local function.