**Please note that the sponsor member director must complete the online application in conjunction with the student applicant as information is needed from both parties. Scroll downward on this page to begin the process of completing this application. Please use page three of this document to collect the necessary signatures and then upload that page to the online application where it is requested.
Instructions for the Ensemble Directors of Student Applicants:
1. Create an account (free) at www.submittable.com to begin the online application. While the NAfME member should create the account, the application will need to be completed by both the sponsoring member director AND the student applicant at the same time. Online applications can be saved and edited at any point during the application submission period (Aug. 29 – Sept. 30, 2022). Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, September 30, 2022.
2. NAfME membership is required in order to sponsor a student applying for a 2023 NAfME All-Eastern Honors Ensemble.
3. Select your state affiliation from the drop down field.
4. Complete one application for each student eligible to apply for an NAfME All-Eastern Honors Ensemble. If you wish to register more than one student or submit another application for the same student on a different instrument, a new application is required. (Please note that only one application can be completed at a time.)
5. Once an application has been submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address on the Submittable account.
6. To make changes to an application after it’s been submitted, log-in to your Submittable account and request permission to edit the submission.
7. Notifications will be sent out late November to the sponsor Director.
An eligible student must:
1. Be in grade 11 or 12 during the 2022-23 school year;
2. Attend schools in one of the eleven Northeastern states of the United States (Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont), the District of Columbia, or a Department of Defense School in Europe;
3. Have been selected to perform/served as an alternate in their state's 2021-22 All‐State festival (or have been selected to perform/served as an alternate in their state's 2022‐2023 All‐State festival - (based on state requirement) on the instrument/voice part for which they are applying;
4. Be a member of his or her school's choral or instrumental ensemble corresponding with the ensemble for which application is made, with the exception of Modern Band.
5. Receive endorsement from his or her school's principal or superintendent and ensemble director, who must be a current NAfME member.
6. Additional rules for eligibility may be determined by your state's music education association and will be communicated to directors by the state president.
Application Procedure: Please read carefully as incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
1. Sponsoring member director & student applicant complete the application together and verify all information is correct before it is submitted.
2. Complete the Acknowledgement Information & Signature Page at https://www.nyssma.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/2023-All-East-Honors-Ens.-Signature-Page.pdf with the required signatures to upload to the submission where requested.
3. Payment of application fee $20 must be paid with a credit card at the time of submission.
4. Late, incomplete or improperly completed applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
1. Acceptance notification and music will be sent to the sponsoring ensemble director only. Notifications will be sent to the sponsor member director in late November. *Please note the registration fee per student will be $695. This includes meals, three nights of housing with two-students per room, as well as all other expenses involved (i.e. music, guest conductor costs, administrative expenses). Transportation to and from Rochester, NY is not included. The registration fee, medical form and any other required documentation will be due immediately after notification of acceptance. Specific details will be sent to accepted participants’ sponsor NAfME member director.
2. All-Eastern Honors Ensembles students will be required to participate in all scheduled activities for the assigned group throughout the duration of the event (April 13-16, 2023) and will not be permitted to leave the All-Eastern Honors Ensembles locations for any purpose, including but not limited to other school activities, college auditions/visits, or visitations with guests. The only exception will be for a student that is a member of their school’s performing ensemble which was selected to perform at the NAfME Eastern Division Conference. In that case, and with advance permission from the All-Eastern Ensemble Manager, they will be excused in order to participate in that performance. They will not be excused for rehearsals or a sound check with their school and they may not miss an All-Eastern Honors Ensemble Dress Rehearsal. Transportation in such cases will be the school’s responsibility.
3. All students, including “local” students, will be required to stay in the assigned commercial housing as arranged for their ensemble. No students will be allowed to drive to, from or at the event at any time.
4. Seating order for the band and orchestra will be determined by online auditions via Submittable prior to the festival.
*For help with Submittable - contact email@example.com / 855-467-8264, extension 2; General questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org