2023 NYSSMA Student Piano Showcase Application
Welcome to the Application for the NYSSMA Piano Showcase. Students are eligible to apply for this honor based on the following criteria:
- Having performed a level 6 solo from the current NYSSMA Manual during the 2023 Festival Season.
- Having earned a score of 100.
- Attending a NYSSMA member school and being a member in good standing of a performing group in the school at the time of the NYSSMA evaluation and at the time of the performance at the NYSSMA Winter Conference. Performing group membership is defined as attending a minimum of 50% of the rehearsals and performances of that group, where such groups exist. Students may come from any school grade 4 through 11 at the time of the submission of this application.
The school music teacher who is the director of the above-mentioned performing group or school arts administrator will be required to submit the following (please note that this application may not be completed by private lesson teachers):
- An unedited video recording of the student performing the solo from memory.
- A copy of the NYSSMA Festival evaluation form.
- A letter of endorsement from your school music teacher or district music administrator.
- Applications must be completely submitted no later than July 8, 2023.
- Students who are chosen to perform at the NYSSMA Winter Conference will be notified by September 8, 2023. They will be provided with information as to the date, time and place of rehearsal and performance, as well as suggested hotels in the Rochester area should lodging be required. Only selected students will receive notification.
- The student's family is responsible for all costs involved in attending the Conference and for supervision of the student while in attendance.